Friday, August 28, 2009

Better Late Than Never!

August 8-15

Okay! I didn't post about our wonderful trip to Florida a few weeks ago with Shannon, Scott, Noah and Evan. I'll post some pics later. We had such a great time. It was Olivia's first vacation to the beach. I'm not sure what could have been better for her...sand and water...that's all she plays with in the backyard...so why not stay home and save the money since you have that right in your backyard...the experience of course. It was just fun to see her have so much fun. Shannon and I were just discussing today how wonderful the kids were on a 14 hour car trip there and back. She actually decided that the children were better behaved on the trip than the adults...I had to agree! :)

The most disappointing thing to me was the seafood...I was so excited to eat seafood in Florida...I'll just stick with Red Lobster. The best part...other than being with Travis, Olivia and my best friend ever...the condo we stayed in. It had a private beach, was located right next to the pool, had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, beautiful kitchen, dining area, living area and washer and dryer. You might ask who wants to do laundry on vacation, but it did prove very useful. We truly had God's favor when driving into Destin to find a hotel. We had no idea where to stay...it was the first hotel we pulled into...doesn't get any better than that...no having to appease 3 very anxious kiddos ready to get out of there carseats while stopping at umpteen different places...YEAH! Yes kids...we are there!

No comments: