Friday, December 12, 2008

Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer...Just Kidding! :)

i took my grandma shopping yesterday for her Christmas gifts...quite an outing. she also wanted to do a little shopping for her fireplace mantel. she is 90 years old and decided the other day she wanted to have a fireplace put in her living room...you go girl...age should never stop you from living life.

the Christmas shopping went off without a hitch...we then drove to hobby lobby to look for mantel accents. we started off looking at mirrors...simple enough...you would think. she has really high ceilings so i was suggesting some rather tall mirrors...she was looking at considerably smaller ones. she informed me her room was small and the mirror needed to be small. i told her that her ceilings were very high so it wouldn't matter. she informed me...very emphatically..."oh yes it does matter". needless to say...i let her choose her own mirror. she is too cute...i love her so much.

our next stop was Target...looking for a rug. we found a few choices...she decided on a very pretty design. we then looked for some pillows to match...i forgot to inform that we are repainting her living room after Christmas...so she has the new color in her head...however...her furniture doesn't quite go with the new colors. i told her she is on a roll and we should just go and get some new furniture for her...she then replied "don't tempt me...get thee behind me satan". i don't know that i've ever been called satan before. she's a hoot!

my day ended with my kitchen island being filled with all of the materials i've accumulated for all of my good intentioned Christmas projects...YIKES! i just keep telling myself...i will create, i will create, i will create. if i do...some of you just might find them in your stockings!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

First of all, who is your grandmother? I only know your
Mam-ma, and my mam-ma. & I am not able to think right now, but, I'm fairly certain I misspelled her name! How great is that?!

Anyway, the story was hilarious, but so true! I love it!

And, yes, you get busy on our projects and my empty stocking (coal, anyone?) is wide open. :)

Anonymous said...

She has a fireplace? Nothing else suprises me with that woman. I can't believe you ventured out with her!! Extra goodies in your stocking this year.